The same day I arrived from the States in the morning I caught another flight that night to Punta del Este to meet Fer and the kids for a few days on the beach in Uruguay. Every day the weather was beautiful and sunny, perfect for lounging on the beach, taking walks and relaxing. There was a wonderful fish market nearby so Fer and I made fish or seafood every single day- much to the kids' chagrin :)
Close to Punta del Este is Casa Pueblo, which was the home of artist Carlos Paéz Vilaró and is now a museum and boutique hotel. An interesting fact about Carlos Paéz Vilaró is that he is the father of one of the survivors of Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571- remember the movie "Alive" about the Uruguayan rugby team? His son was one of the rugby players in the crash.
The view from Casa Pueblo is gorgeous and perfect for sunset watching so we went one evening to check it out...
Sofi and Martin weren't as excited about it as Fer and I were :)
It felt like a house in a Dr Seuss book
One day we drove along the coast to check out some different towns and beaches. Fer secretly took pictures of Martin and Sofi playing in the cold water:
Martin and I checking out an adorable old car. It didn't even have doors!
After a 5+ hour flight delay (I vowed to never fly Pluna again!) we made it back to Buenos Aires and were welcomed by Fer's parents who stayed with us a few days on their way back from Washington DC.
This looked like such a fun place to stay and a beautiful vacation! I like the Dr. Seuss house.
ReplyDelete