Sunday, December 4, 2011

Getting back in the kitchen

One of the things I love most about living in Buenos Aires and having more time on my hands is that I can get back into the kitchen to cook! I have been having fun trying new recipes and am currently in love with this cookbook:
My friend Allie gave it to us as part of our wedding gift and it has been a fabulous addition to our kitchen! Everything I have made from it has been tasty, healthy and not very hard to make. I'm only bummed because there are ingredients for some of the recipes that I haven't been able to find here in Argentina (yet).  I have a long list of items I am planning to buy in the US and bring back with me :)

My current favorite recipe that I want to shout from the rooftops because I am so excited about it is Broccoli Gribiche. Here are the ingredients:
After roasting the potatoes and broccoli, you mix it with a delicious dressing containing hard boiled eggs, dijon mustard, capers, shallots, and red wine vinegar...
 Yummm!! Here it is on one of the cute little plates that was the other part of Allie's gift:
This was a delicious and easy lunch for me for the last few days. I definitely plan to make it again soon! Next time I plan to switch out some of the broccoli for asparagus (in season here now) and add in some roasted leeks.
I highly recommend this book! Thanks Allie! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your "ingredients" picture! The recipe sounds delicious. Love you and miss you!!! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete