One of these days I might actually catch up on this blog... but I am not holding my breath!
Each month our life has been getting busier and busier. Here are highlights from some of the recent happenings:
Fer recently passed his General Medicine Boards AND his Neurocritical Care Boards!! I am incredibly proud of him! Both of the exams came at particularly busy times in his life so he wasn't able to prepare as much as he would have liked for each exam. But he is just that smart and passed with flying colors! :)
A month or so ago I had a group of girls over for "Supper Club"
Fabulous company, fabulous food!
Neither one of us are natural home decorators I am realizing, so we have SLOWLY been taking our time getting our apartment fully adorned. Thankfully Fer's dad came to the rescue with a solution for our TV stand. After seeing how ridiculously TV stands (and furniture in general) were priced, he offered to make one for us! It turns out that Enrique is quite the carpenter. He designed the stand, cut all the pieces, painted it and shipped all of it to us with detailed instructions for assembly (IKEA-style). It even has a cabinet with great rolling drawers!
Here are Fer and Martin putting it together:
Sofi helped as well ;)
The finished product:
Thank you so much Enrique!!
Early on in March the kids' cousins from the northern part of Argentina came for a quick visit.
Here are Martin, Pumo, Augus, and Sofi at breakfast:
Such is life with teenagers these days :)
Cousin love! It is so much fun when the cousins get together.
I am a lucky girl to have a husband that cooks and cooks well. Although my dad and brothers set the standard pretty high, Fer impresses me regularly with his culinary skills. One night out of the blue, Fer made these adorable veggie creations:
What a husband! Cute AND healthy!
At the end of March Jennifer, my friend Jessica's sister, paid us a visit. One night she cooked us a delish Mexican meal!
In other news, I recently started covering all the group training sessions for Boot Camp Buenos Aires which has been a fun addition to my work with Buena Onda Yoga (check out my bio that is finally on the webpage!). I am currently working on finishing my personal training certification with ISSA so I am an official trainer. I also wrote another nutrition column on appetite and hunger control for Medios Lentos that should be up soon.
Would love to hear from folks back home- even though life is busy here I get awfully lonely sometimes! Send your love down South :) xo
Yay, Fernando! I'm not surprised, but so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThat TV stand is wonderful! Enrique should go into business. =)
I love you, Sis!
I love your yoga bio--it's beautiful! I am also impressed by Enrique's carpentry skills. Congratulations on passing your tests, Fernando! Love your posts, Carolyn. Miss you guys!!!
ReplyDelete