Some days don't turn out the way you expect them to...
Today I woke up with a long list of plans that started with taking the bus to a new yoga studio in San Telmo (near the downtown area). I thought that surely 50 minutes would be enough time to commute from our apartment. Ha! After 45 minutes, I was less than halfway there on the bus. I guess I should have allowed 1.5+ hours to commute, which is just ridiculous. In my opinion, the traffic here almost always varies from "bad" to "terrible". After getting frustrated with missing my yoga class due to traffic and thus throwing off my intended plans for the day, I decided to abandon the bus and walk around Recoleta, the neighborhood near my school. Thankfully I remembered that my mother-in-law, Raquel had mentioned a wonderful bookstore nearby where I quickly directed my steps. I've been happily surprised that bookstores are still thriving here in Buenos Aires, perhaps because fewer people have e-readers at this point. Although I don't know much about the history of El Ateneo except that it used to be a theater and is now a large bookstore and cafe with lots of comfy chairs for lounging, reading and... completing Spanish homework :) It was a perfect change in plans for this cloudy day. If you come to visit Buenos Aires, I hope to take you to this lovely spot.
Wow, what a lovely bookstore! =) I'd love to lounge there and catch up on some reading. I'm glad you were able to find good in a frustrating situation, Cairna! I remember one time in Russia standing outside in the FREEZING cold night to catch a bus or tram(to Lyndal's) and none of the right ones came along...for at least an hour. I was so disappointed and frustrated and ready to go back to my room and just cry. But instead Lyndal "made" me come on over anyway, kind of the "when you fall off a horse..." idea. (She sent a car for me, however! =P) Transport in 2nd world countries can be tricky, eh?
ReplyDelete