Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting started

"The best is the enemy of the good." I often need to remind myself of this quote, including getting this blog up and going! I keep tweaking things and it's time to just let got and get started. So here we go!
I will take you on a little tour of the wonderful apartment that Fernando found for us in Palermo:
 
This is the view of our apartment from the park across the street. Our building is the one on the right.

Our main living/dining room area when we first moved in. Notice all the many mirrors- almost every free surface in our apartment is covered with a mirror. The owner of our apartment must *love* mirrors! 
Here it is after all of our stuff from Chicago arrived. Chaos!
Here we are after unpacking (most) of our things, putting those many mirrors to use to get a rare picture of the two of us.
La Cocina:
We are still working on filling up that wine rack :)
The very important converter so we can use our Nespresso, Kitchen Aid mixer, etc.
 After some time, the oven and I are on better terms... we had a rough start to our relationship.
Since the apartment is a bit older and bigger, it has maid's quarters by the kitchen. Obviously we do not have a live-in maid (some days I wish that was the case!) so we converted the extra room into an office/guest room.
Here's Fer painting the little room a very pale aqua blue:
 And here it is at the end, ready for guests!








4 comments:

  1. Me encanta Caro! Prometo leerlo seguido.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the invitation to relish your delicious blog. Cannot wait to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroyln! I love the blog! The pictures are gorgeous! Congrats on the new blog, I know the hardest part is getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great start to a blog, i would look forward to seeing in person. thanks, dad

    ReplyDelete